What To Do Next


Between being trapped in this lock down and graduating secondary school, I can't count how many times I've just stopped to ask myself what next to do. I was spending my days going through my Instagram, YouTube and Google for the most part of my twenty four hours only to feel useless and unproductive- not to mention very ashamed at the end. I went online to see things I could do and the internet gave me some ideas but it didn't give me the kind of results I needed to see. I needed options, ideas, things I could start immediately to lessen that horrible feeling in me. I found nothing and so I decided make this- for me and the people like me who are so indecisive we need people to tell us what to do or at the very least, options and ideas.

The goal of lock down, at least for me, is to improve on myself. I want to do things that make me feel good, look good and be good. I'd like to think that's your goal too. 



Learn A New Language

    There's Duolingo, Babel and so many other language learning apps that you could use. You might think this is insignificant but I guarantee you that if you feel/have felt half as bad as me then this will definitely lift your mood and occupy your time. Besides, I think knowing how to speak a new language would look really impressive on your resume and even a college application..

Learn To Code

    Be it Java, CSS, HTML, Python or whatever it may be, you could learn to code games, apps and even websites- like I'm doing right now. I have to warn you, though that learning to code on your own is extremely hard. If you're up for the challenge then...

Maybe Start Running?

    I don't necessarily mean running but are you fit? Are you happy with your body at the moment? Is there nothing you want to improve physically? Strength, Endurance, Flexibility or even Confidence? I tell you that gaining some muscles, losing a little fat or even learning to splits will make your life more interesting and your IG page, Snapchat or even just your gallery a little bit spicier. If you'll do none then at least, do some real yoga. I mean the leaving your phone off in the night, waking up in the morning and ignoring it, taking deep breaths and clearing your head kinda stuff. Just stretch your muscles without any interruptions from the outside world. That's all.

Reflect On Yourself

    I don't want to make you feel any sadder about yourself but after reading this as fast as you can, I want you to drop your electronic device and reflect on yourself. What are your strengths and weaknesses? Who are you?(It's okay if you can't answer this because I don't know who I am and neither do most people.) All the critique you've heard about yourself, Are they true? Not everyone who criticizes you is a hater and sometimes the haters are right. You need to do better -to be better- for yourself.

This leads to a better understanding of one's self. Just leave the devil that is the modern world and have some You-Time- time to just think about who you are, what you live for, your strengths and weaknesses and to set goals for yourself. You should feel more confident after this.

Educate Yourself

It's a crazy world we live in today. This isn't that old world anymore. Anything is possible here, now. If someone were to wake up and say they want to be a banana then would you be okay with that? Would you be disgusted or very judgmental about it? If your answer is "yes" then change that. There's so much diversity now with all the cultures coming out. Educate yourself. Go online and research a culture. Maybe more about Africa? So you stop thinking that we live in huts, without water and have no roads.

You'd be by surprised how much you didn't know about the world before. There's a lot that we just ignore because we don't know any better. So change that. Be better, be more knowledgeable.

PLEASE NOTE THAT not a single thing on this list is going to be easy. Even the most seemingly mundane is going to take a lot of mental toughness. It's okay to have little willpower but it's not okay to let that stop you. Let your goals drive you. Let your need to self-improve motivate you always. And if you need that extra motivation or a little reminder, you can just send me an e-mail @agarba056@gmail.com or DM me on my Instagram.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DEATH INCOMING WALKTHROUGH